Mince pie pastry
- 8 oz Self raising flour
- 2 oz Lard
- 2 oz Stork margerine
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 or 2 tbs cold water
- 4 tbs of Waitrose own plain mincemeat
- Zest of half a small orange
- 1 tbs of glace cherries
- 6 Brazil nuts (sliced)
- 2 tsp of sherry
Susie’s Mince Pies
There is nothing like homemade mince pies and this is my favourite recipe
- Mix in a small bowl about 4 tbs of mince meat and add the chopped cherries, nuts orange zest and stir in the sherry.
- Combine the flour in bowl with soft lard and margerine. Rub with your fingertips to make it into fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the middle and just put one spoon of water into it, then stir it together
- Work the mixture into a ball, it should be firm and not sloppy.
- Flour your worktop and roll out just over ½ of the pastry so that it is very thin and cut your bases and place them into a greased bun tin.
- Put just over ½ a teaspoon of your mince meat mixure into the bases
- Roll out the remaining pastry for the tops, brush with milk and sprinkly with a little bit of demarera sugar
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes in an over set at 180 degrees