- 2 Chicken breasts.
- 2 Strips of smoked streaky bacon.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pint of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon or dried
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of double cream
- small handful of finely chopped mushrooms optional
- black pepper to season.
Chicken Breasts In White Wine & Tarragon Sauce
This recipe is easy and you can change the sauce, if you do not like tarragon it could be a mushroom sauce or just a wine sauce, you can make the sauce before and it can be heated later and finished off so it is quite a versatile dish. I would not recommend freezing this dish it is far better made fresh.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken breasts and bake for 20-30 minutes in the oven 180 degrees till the bacon looks crisp and golden.
- While the chicken is cooking saute the onions in a little oil till soft
- Add the garlic cook for 2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and the tarragon cook for 1 minute
- Add the wine this should be at a medium heat so it bubbles away
- Add the mustard at this point let it cook till the wine has gone down by a good half
- Add the chicken stock now lower the heat and leave this to simmer away for a good 15 minutes
- At this point you should add the cooked chicken breasts, they should sit in the sauce and simmer away taking on the tarragon flavour.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place on a warmed serving plate
- Add the cream to the sauce and if you need it to thicken turn up the heat a little and it will thicken more, but be careful as it can quickly end up with no sauce.
- If you are just wanting to make the sauce in advance take the sauce recipe to the stage where you added the chicken stock
- Let it go cold and heat the sauce up later and follow recipe
ServeS 2, serve with baby potatoes and green veg. You cannot pre-cook the chicken then reheat it as that could be dangerous.