- 250g bag of fresh raw king prawns if frozen they need to be thawed and rinsed.
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sunflower oil
- 2-3inch piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 4 sheets of dried noodles
- 2 carrots cut into tiny sticks
- 6 spring onions sliced
- 150g bag of mangetout halved
- 2 tbsp of coriander chopped.
King Prawns With Ginger, Lime & Honey
This is such a good dish, if you do not like prawn you can replace them with finely chopped chicken, it works either way and this is really for all lovers of fresh ginger. This recipe serves 4 and is very quick takes about 15-20 mins
MethodFirst we need to marinade the prawns, mix together the lime zest with the lime juice, add soy sauce, sunflower oil, grated ginger and honey then pour over the prawns and leave covered in fridge for 30 mins, you can leave up to 24 hours.
- Dry fry the sesame seeds this is quite important as this is what gives the dish its nutty flavour, they only need a minute of two till golden then set aside
- Cook the noodles as the packet instructs, then drain and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in the wok add the carrots, mangetout and spring onions stir fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the prawns and marinade cook for 2 mins till prawns turn pink
- Add the noodles and mix together over the heat for 1 minutes
- Serve with the chopped coriander and toasted sesame seeds as dressing.
We found a chilled Italian white wine goes really well with this, something dry such as a Pinot Grigio.