- 4oz butter cut into small cubes
- 8oz of granulated sugar
- zest of 3 lemons finely grated
- 6fl oz lemon juice which is about 4 lemons
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- 1 x 500g Total greek yogurt
- 14oz blueberries
- 4 tablespoons of gin
- 1oz butter
- 1oz light soft brown sugar
Lemon Curd Ice Cream & Hot Bluberries
I love Lemons in the summer and with the blueberries this makes a stunning pudding, it also means that it sits in your freezer so you can make it weeks before and just make the bluberry part on the day you want to serve it.
The blueberries are heated in gin but do not worry if you hate gin just do not put it in, it only gives it a slightly more adult flavour.
- Whisk lemon juice together with the eggs
- Add lemon zest and sugar, stir
- Add cubed butter place this bowl over a pan of simmering water, string frequently till thickened about 25-30 mins, half the amount, as this is good lemon curd the other half can be stored
- Leave the half you are using to cool but give it a stir to stop skin forming
- Once it is cold stir in the yogurt and combine well, then take a 2lb loaf tin line with cling film and put your mix in and freeze unlike many ice creams you do not have to stir during freezing
- When you want to use it take out of freezer and sit in the fridge for about 40 mins and it will slice well.
- For the blueberries put everything in a heavy suacepan and heat slowly until the butter has melted , then bring to the boil and bubble gently for 5-10 minutes. oh so yummy