- Polenta cut into slices about half an inch thick
- Halloumi cheese
- 2 raw chorizo sausages
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- rocket lettuce
- pickled gherkins sliced
- Balsamic salad dressing
A Different Mixed Grill
Last night I cooked a dish which left me with polenta left over as I cannot stand wasting food I put it into the fridge for today, in Italy polenta is often fried or grilled the next day, so I then had to go through the fridge and find something to put with my grilled polenta and that is how my different mixed grill came about. I used a griddle pan but it will work just as well under the grill, the other main ingredients are halloumi cheese, raw chorizo sausage, cherry tomatoes, rocket, John commented it was one of the best lunches he has had in a long time, so I hope you give it a try.
- Using a large griddle pan or grill under the grill pan
- Heat your pan and spray with oil if using a griddle pan
- Start by grilling the sausage and then keep warm in the oven but don't let it dry out cover with foil
- Place the cherry tomatoes in the grill pan and also the cheese and the polenta , the cheese wants to be about half an inch thick, they take about 4mins each side, giving you enough time to lay a side bed of rocket leaves with sliced gherkins
- Drizzle of balsamic over also a chunk of rustic bread onto your lunch plates
- Serve the cheese and polenta onto the plates and put the sausage on top so the oils run over the cheese and polenta.