- 8ozs Butter
- 8ozs Caster Suger
- 10ozs self raising flour
- 2 level tsps of baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 6ozs granulated suger
- juice of two lemons.
- roasting tin 12inches x 9inches and 1.5 deep
Updated Version Of Lemon Drizzle Cake
I would not have believed I could find a better recipe than the one I have had on my site for sometime but I have! Although it is so very close to being the same there are subtle differences and it has gone down a wow with friends and family, this version is a tray bake which means you cut it into squares, which are great for serving, or freezing, you can just take one or two squares out and not the whole cake. The ease behind this cake is the fact you simply put all the ingredients in the bowl and using a electric mixer beat it for a full 2 minutes, it never fails to be light and fluffy, a real gem. With a sugary crunchy topping.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a large bowl the butter needs to be warm and soft
- Take your electric hand mixer and beat for 2 minutes
- Using a plastic spatula scrape all the cake mix into the grease proof lined cake tin
- Level it off and place in oven for 35-40 mins, oven temp should be 160 degrees
- When cake is golden and springy to touch it is done take out and place on wire wrack to cool
- In the time between mix the sugar and lemon juice together until the sugar has fully dissolved
- The cake should be just warm as you pour over the lemon juice mix
- Leave to cool completely before cutting it into squares
This cake freezes really well.