This is a dish that can be made in under 30 minutes, we picked up Tesco’s Exotic Mushroom selecition and thought that these would go lovely in a risotto.
- 1 pkt of mushrooms or any chopped mushrooms
- 7 tbs of Carnaroli or Arborio rice
- 2ozs Butter
- 1 pint of good Chicken stock, you may need more so have some handy.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 glove of garlic chopped
- 1 glass of white wine
- 3 ozs of Parmesan cheese
- 1 talblespoon of olive oil
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Watkins Mushroom Ketchup
- Freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter and oil together
- Add the rice and cook until translucent
- Add the onion and garlic stir around and lower the heat to just above simmering
- Add the chopped mushrooms
- Add the wine turn the heat up a little and let the wine sizzle away and reduce by half
- Start adding the stock a ladle at a time, as the stock is used add another ladle, keep giving it a stir
- Add the Dijon mustard and the mushroom ketchup
- Add the pepper followed by the parmesan cheese
- Add the chopped parsley
- Serve in warm bowls with crusty bread and chilled white wine.