One of our favourite dishes and so versatile.
- 400g minced beef
- 2 tps malt vinegar
- a pinch of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 small onion filially chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 18 stuffed olives chopped or sliced
- 2 tbs of flaked or chopped almonds
- 2 tbs of raisins
- 2 tbs of tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube, in 300ml of hot water
- 1 small potato, cooked and cubed
- Marinade the minced beef in the vinegar, salt, black pepper and sugar for 30 minutes or so while you prepare the other ingredients
- Add a drizzle of oil (1 tbs)and set it to high to get it up to heat,
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli to the pan and stir while it comes to heat, then add the chopped green pepper and stir.
- Once you can see the onion becoming translucent then add the minced beaf and sauté the minced beef.
- Cook until the meat is browned. when I did it it was about 10 minutes, then is the time to add the other ingredients. The stuffed olives, the almonds, raisins, tomato puree and stir.
- Add the cooked potato followed by the chicken stock stir and turn to low.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed, I found that I had to take it up to a 3 as it wasn’t cooking as fast as I would like.
You can serve this hot with rice, or chips (French fries) or let it cook and use as a filling, but this is a wonderful dish and still a favourite of ours and our family for over 25 years, so give it a try.