- 75 grams plain flour 15 grams caster sugar 50 grams butter/margarine 1 egg yolk if necessary.
- 2 tablespoons mincemeat
- 65 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams ground almonds
- 40 grams melted butter
- 50 grams stale cake crumbs (I use trifle sponges crumbed)
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons rum or 1/2teaspoon of essence
- 15 grams flaked almonds
Carole’s Festive Tarts
These are very easy to make just as you would a mince pie, but instead of a lid you add a crumble like topping, which is lovely. Thanks Carole.
- Make pastry and line 10/12 patty tins
- Half fill with mincemeat
- Mix together all the ingredients for the filling and pipe over the mincemeat. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds
- Bake in moderate oven Reg 5 190c 375f for 20 minutes until mixture is set and pastry crisp.
- Serve hot or cold. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
This can be made in a 7" flan tin instead.